Welcome to Des Moines Haunted Houses
- 10/4/2014: Over 900 visitors to the Haunted Houses page on Saturday. Please tell the haunts you saw it on DMHauntedHouses.com! Video interviews with Haunted Barn and Linn's Haunted House coming soon. I have updated their entries with more details now that I have gone through both.
- 10/9/2014: Video interviews with Ankney Haunted Barn and Sleepy Hollow Scream Park posted.
- 10/10/2014: From a response on their Facebook page, White Water reports: "Due to the new city ordinances put in place by the City of Pleasant Hill, (some of which are nearly impossible to incorporate) the haunted house did not pass inspection and was closed by the city. The owners are trying to get back in business before the month is over." Also, we had over 1000 visitors to this site on Friday, and are over 2100 Likes on our Facebook page.
- 10/12/2014: 1587 visitors checked out our haunted house index page yesterday, and our Facebook page hit 2200 Likes! Also, a new video interview with Linn's Supermarket Haunted House has been posted.
- 10/17/2014: WARNING! There is no America Is Haunted "Hell Towers" haunt in Des Moines, as listed on Groupon and various Iowa tourism websites. This is a scam company, preselling tickets for haunts that do not exist. The website was only registered October 1st, and the 866 number they list is also used for a 5K beer run in Kentucky (registered in late September, with a different address). The locations they use all seem to be for-lease warehouses (but they did not realize the Des Moines location is actually being used by a business, and Century 21 confirmed no haunted house there). As of this posting, only 8 Groupons had been purchased so hopefully people are figuring this out and not getting scammed.
- 10/21/2014: We have passed 2500 Likes on the Facebook page, and had over 1900 visits to the haunted house index page this past Saturday.
- 10/22/2014: Welcome, Tormented Souls Haunt in Madrid, as our official site sponsor.
- 10/23/2014: We have passed 2600 Likes on Facebook. Keep 'em coming!
- 10/25/2014: Tonight is expected to be the BUSIEST day this season. Since 2-hour lines have already been reported the past two weekends at some locations, show up early! There were over 1400 views of my index on Friday, and today may break records. Go have fun, but show up early to avoid long lines (or consider going on Sunday when the lines will be much shorter).
- 10/27/2014: Final week! There were almost 2000 visits to my haunted house index this past Saturday, and Sleepy Hollow broke another attendance record. We are now in the final week of haunted house season. Several haunts will be operating weeknights this week, so it's a great chance to go see them without the long weekend lines. We should also pass 2700 Likes to the DMHH Facebook page early this week. What a year!
- 10/28/2014: A new video interview from the Haunted Barn has been posted.
- 10/30/2014: Videos from Zee-Pocalypse paintball zombie hunt and Ames Haunted Forest posted.
- 10/31/2014: VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE HAUNT! Fill out this survey form.
- Please let the haunts know you saw them on DMHauntedHouses.com!
CLICK HERE for a list of area haunted houses!
Looking for haunted houses around Des Moines, Iowa? This is the place!
This site has a complete index of all known Des Moines, Iowa area haunted attractions. You can find a listing of area haunted houses (including a map to all of them and a calendar), and watch video interviews with house operators.
If you are an event operator, please contact me with your information.
Also, I can host and maintain your event website at incredibly cheap prices. I can work with any budget (yes, any). I can even help you with TV or radio ads, and promotional videos to post to YouTube or your Facebook page. I also do audio and video effects work.
Thanks for stopping by! -- Allen, webmaster@DMHauntedHouses.com