Welcome to Des Moines Haunted Houses
- 10/1/2013: Trail of Terror haunted forest in Carlisle has been added.
- 10/2/2013: Haunted Barn has a 50% Off deal on Living Social right now.
- 10/3/2013: Slaughterhouse has a way to save $4 opening night (Fri, Oct 4th) by liking a post on their Facebook page and using a special phrase when you buy tickets.
- 10/4/2013: Over 450 unique visitors came to the site today looking for details on opening night at the various haunts. It has begun!
- 10/5/2013: Over 700 unique visitors in the past 24 hours... Haunts, get me your news. Folks are wanting info!
- 10/7/2013: New Children's Haunted Forest added to Family Events, and our Facebook page has had over 200 new Likes in the past 24 hours.
- 10/8/2013: Second video interview with Ankeny Haunted Barn added.
- 10/9/2013: Added Waukee Haunted Houses (thanks, Ian C). Our Facebook page is now at over 450 Likes.
- 10/11/2013: Over 600 Likes, and new video interview posted with Sleepy Hollow Haunted Scream Park.
- 10/12/2013: Part 2 of the Sleepy Hollow video interviews has been posted. We have had over 800 unique visitors to the site in the past 24 hours, and we are just a few Likes away for our Facebook page to have 700.
- 10/13/2013: Over 1100 unique visitors to the site on Saturday, and now over 800 Facebook Likes. A new video interview with Ultimate Haunted House (recorded tonight) should be posted in the next few days.
- 10/14/2013: Posted a new video interview with Ultimate Haunted House. They have a new opening effect that is really cool!
- 10/15/2013: We have passed 900 Facebook Likes now, and video interviews with the Haunted Garage and Zombie hollow from 2012 are being uploaded.
- 10/16/2013: Video interviews with the Haunted Garage in Grimes and Zombie Hollow (both from 2012) now posted.
- 10/17/2013: And the Facebook page is now over 1000 Likes...
- 10/19/2013: Over 1400 unique visitors to the website in the past 24 hours (a new record), and the Facebook page is now over 1100 Likes. (This means we finally passed up Ames Haunted Forest, but only by a few.)
- 10/21/2013: For those asking opinions on the "best" haunted house, I tend to like them all, but Sleepy Hollow was voted "Best Haunted House 2013" by Cityview readers. Meanwhile, The Slaughterhouse looks like it is about to overtake Ames Haunted Forest in number of Facebook Likes.
- 10/23/2013: Final weekend! Sleepy Hollow is the only one open on Thursday, then pretty much everything (and some new places, like Zombie Hollow) on the weekend. Get your chills while you can!
- 10/25/2013: More haunted houses are operating this weekend than any previous weekend. Are you ready? Our Facebook page now has over 1200 Likes...
- 10/27/2013: Another record was set yesterday with over 1500 visitors to the site. Due to popular demand, Zombie Hollow has announced it will open tonight from 7pm-8:30pm.
- 10/30/2013: Video interview with Tormented Souls Haunted posted. Up next: Linn's Supermarket Haunted House.
- 10/31/2013: Video interview with Linn's Haunted House has been added.
- 11/1/2013: Finally made it to Ames Haunted Forest tonight - what nice folks! Also, finally went through Slaughterhouse. Videos from both coming "soon."
- 11/4/2013: Video interviews with Ames Haunted Forest and Slaughterhouse added, and Zombie Hollow is being processed as I type this...
- 11/6/2013: Video interview with Zombie Hollow added, and "Final Night" video is being uploaded...
- 11/7/2013: And the final night interviews (where we visited Linn's, Haunted Barn, and Slaughterhouse) has now been posted.
- 2/26/2014: Congratulations to Linn's Supermarket Haunted House for being voted BEST HAUNTED HOUSE 2014 by Cityview readers!
CLICK HERE for a list of area haunted houses!
Looking for haunted houses around Des Moines, Iowa? This is the place!
This site will serve as a complete index of all known Des Moines, Iowa area haunted attractions. You can find a listing of area haunted houses (including a map to all of them and a calendar), watch video interviews with house operators, and learn more about future plans for this site.
If you are an event operator, please contact me with your information.
Also, I am set up to host and maintain your event website at incredibly cheap prices. I can work with any budget (yes, any). I can even help you with TV or radio ads, and promotional videos to post to YouTube or your Facebook page. I also do audio and video effects work.
Thanks for stopping by! -- Allen, webmaster@DMHauntedHouses.com